ONE TO ONE Children’s Literacy Program
- For school age children in grades 1-4
- A literacy tutoring program available to any student whose teacher believes they need a reading-skills boost
- Currently offered in Elementary Schools in the Central Okanagan School District
- This is free for all children who qualify for the program
The One to One Children’s Literacy Program is supported by Decoda Literacy Solutions, and the One to One Reading Society. In 2020-21 the program was also supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and Community Foundations of Canada.
To register your child in the One To One Reading Program, contact Katia Bois, Education Coordinator, [email protected]
IPALS – Immigrant Parents as Literacy Supporters
- Provides literacy support for immigrant parents and their pre-school age children
- This is a four week intensive literacy program for new immigrants and their children
- The next program will be offered in January, 2021
For more information about any of these programs please contact our Education Coordinator: Katia Bois, [email protected]
In 2021, IPALS was offered online and was supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and Community Foundations of Canada.